Federal Tax Questions
2021 Tax Filing Information
- How do I complete Form 8915-F for COVID-19 Hardship Distributions?
- Advance Child Tax Credit Payment Reconciliation Form 8812
- 2021 Recovery Rebate Credit
- What is the Child Tax Credit/Additional Child Tax Credit (8812)?
- What is the filing deadline for tax year 2022 (taxes filed in 2023)?
- 2021 Child Tax Credit Phaseout Amounts
American Rescue Plan
- American Rescue Plan
- The American Rescue Plan (3rd Stimulus, Child Tax Credit, Dependent Care Credit, Earned Income Credit and Unemployment updates)
- 3rd Stimulus check
- Understanding the federal and state 2020 unemployment exclusion
- Unemployment Income Exclusion for 2020 (American Rescue Plan - 3rd Stimulus)
- How do I complete the Unemployment Exclusion if I live in a community property state (MFJ)?
- I did not receive my stimulus but the IRS says I did. What do I do? (Track Stimulus Payment)
- Recovery Rebate Credit Worksheet Explained
- How can I claim the additional stimulus money for my qualifying dependent(s) if I never received it?
- 2020 and 2021 Economic Impact Payments (Stimulus Checks)
- How can I receive the Third Economic Impact Payment (Stimulus check) if I did not file a 2019 or 2020 Return?
- Recovery Rebate Credit (stimulus) for child born in 2021
Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- What is Unadjusted Basis Immediately after Acquisition (UBIA)?
- What is section 199A income?
- What type of business is considered a Specified Service Trade or Business (SSTB) ?
- What is a specified trade or business (SSTB) ?
- Do rental properties qualify for the Qualified Business Income Deduction (QBID) ?
- Is there a change to how I claim my NOL (Net Operating Loss)?
- Can I Use Form 1040-SR US Tax Return for Seniors?
- Can I Import a PDF File?
- When can I e-file my 2022 Tax Return?
- What is the Substantial Presence Test?
- What if I am claimed as a dependent on someone else's return?
- What do I do if either I or my spouse is claimed as a dependent on someone else's return?
- Do I include dependent income (SSA- 1099, Social Security) on my return?
- How do I claim my spouse on my return?
- How do I enter information for dependents?
- Which boxes should I check when entering my dependent's information?
- How do I indicate I do not wish to claim my dependent for EIC purposes?
- How do I mark my child as not my dependent for the tax year?
Income from Wages and Salaries
- How do I verify my EIN?
- How do I report my Wages or Salaries (Form W-2)?
- What do the codes mean in Box 12 of my W-2?
- W-2 Box 13
- What is a Statutory Employee?
- Why You're Considered to Be a Statutory Employee
Foreign Earned Income
- Can I claim both the Foreign Tax Credit - Form 1116 and the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion - Form 2555?
- Filing taxes as an expat
- What is the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion (Form 2555)?
- How do I enter income from a foreign employer that does not have an EIN?
- What if I do not meet the Physical Presence or Bona Fide Residence Test?
- Physical Presence Test - 330 Day Minimum Requirement
- How Do I Report An Honorarium?
- Where do I report my stipend income?
- 1099-G Grants Box 6
- How do I complete the Married Filing Separate Allocation for my Unemployment income and exclusion?
- How is my crypto mining income and staking rewards taxed?
- How do I report Form 1099-S (sale of property/home)?
- 2022 Contribution Limits (HSA, 401(k), IRA)
- What is an EIN?
- Declared Disaster Tax Relief
- How do I file a return if I have no taxable income?
- What do I do if I am missing my W-2 form(s)?
- How do I file my Virgin Island tax return?