At this time, the program does not support more than 4 Box 12 codes under one W-2 entry. However, we will provide steps on how to correctly report this unique situation onto your tax return.
In order to report a W-2 with more than 4 Box 12 codes, please complete the following steps:
- Enter your issued W-2 as reported to you (You will only be able to enter up to 4 Box 12 codes)
- Deduct $1 from Box 1 of this W-2 entry
- Click Save & Enter Another
- Enter the same employer information
- Enter $1 in box 1
- Enter your additional Box 12 code(s)
- Click Save
This method combines the income from both W-2’s entered within the program as they contain the exact same employer information.
Please ensure that you do not double report any W-2 information on the 2nd W-2 entry that is already being reported on the 1st W-2 entry.