Contributions to this Kansas nongame wildlife improvement program will help improve the quality of wildlife in Kansas. Last year's contributions were used to:
- Assess and maintain information for sensitive species.
- Monitor populations of endangered species.
- Assess impacts of development actions on endangered species.
- Continue research on declining aquatic animals in southeast Kansas and restore declining freshwater clams.
- Continue long-term nongame projects such as the Kansas Backyard Nongame Wildlife Habitat Improvement Program.
- Support Outdoor Wildlife Learning Sites (OWLS) for schools.
Senior Citizens Meals on Wheels Contribution Program
All contributions are used solely for the purpose of providing funds for the senior citizens Meals On Wheels contribution program. The meals are prepared by a dietary staff and delivered by volunteers. The underlying objective of the program is to prevent deterioration of the elderly and handicapped individuals in the community, thus making it possible for them to live independently in their own homes for as long as possible. The friendly visit with the volunteers is socially helpful and daily visits are important in case of an emergency situation.
Kansas Breast Cancer Research Fund
This fund is devoted to ending suffering and death from breast cancer in Kansas. Every dollar collected stays in Kansas to bring the latest in breast cancer prevention, early detection, diagnosis, and treatment to Kansans. The research is conducted at the University of Kansas Cancer Center. With the hope of finding a cure, the purpose of this fund is to help save lives and enhance the health of Kansans living with breast cancer.
Military Emergency Relief Fund
Contributions will be used to help military families with the cost of food, housing, utilities and medical services incurred while a member of the family is on active military duty.