The credit for taxes paid to another state is automatically calculated in your account when you add a Nonresident return to your already created resident Oklahoma return if you pay taxes to both Oklahoma and another state.
Oklahoma may request a copy of the other state's tax return before processing the return. Please see the Oklahoma.gov website for more information.
If you have income that qualifies for the credit and are a part-year resident, you must manually add this into the program. You can do this by following this path:
- Click State on the left side menu
- Click the three dots to the right and select edit
- Click "Begin" on Credits
- Click "Begin" on "Credits for Taxes Paid to Another State"
- Click "Begin" on Credit for Taxes Paid to Another State"
- Click + Add New
- Fill in the required information
Please note: You will need to follow these steps for each state you need to add.