The credit for taxes paid to another state is automatically calculated in your account when you add a Nonresident return to your already created Resident Maine return if you pay taxes to both Maine and another state. If you have a Part-Year return created, you will need to manually input the information asked in the Maine state return.
If you need to manually add this into the program, you can do so by following this path:
- Click State on the left side menu
- Click the three dots to the right and select edit
- Click "Begin" on Credits
- Click "Begin" on "Credits for Taxes Paid to Another State"
- Click "Name of Other State"
- Fill in the required information
For more information, please see the Maine Guidance Document here.