If Idaho and another state tax the same income, you may be eligible to claim a credit for taxes paid to the other state. The state of Idaho states that income that may be taxed by another state as well as Idaho is wages or income from a business or profession.
If you have income that qualifies for the credit for taxes paid to another state you must manually add this into the program. You can do this by following this path:
- Click State on the left side menu
- Click the three dots to the right and select edit
- Click "Begin" on Credits
- Click "Begin" on "Credits for Taxes Paid to Another State"
- Fill in the required information OR Click + Add State (if adding multiple states) then proceed to step 6
- Fill in the required information
Please note: You will need to follow these steps for each state you need to add.
For more information regarding this credit, please see the Idaho State Tax Commission website.