Below is a list of error codes you may receive and their meaning:
- Owner must be 'T', 'S', or 'J'- The owner of the transaction on the CSV file must be changed to match the letter listed
- Owner must be 'T' if not filing jointly- The owner on the CSV file must be T for taxpayer
- SalesPrice must be greater than or equal to $0 - The sales price on the CSV file must have a value greater than or equal to $0.
- Cost must be greater than or equal to $0
- DtAcquired is an invalid date format
- DtAcquired is an invalid date
- DtAcquired can not be a future date
- DtSold is an invalid date format
- DtSold is an invalid date
- DtSold can not be a future date
- DtSold must not be before or the same as date acquired
- DtSold must not be greater than the tax year
- Description must be between 3 and 30 characters
- XX rows imported successfully
- XX rows unable to import
- Error importing row XX
- Error parsing CSV document - no rows imported
- Please refresh page to upload more files
- Error parsing row XX
In the example below, you will see (A) that no rows were imported due to errors.
Looking further, you can see the errors are in rows 3 and 4 (B).
The error (C) indicates the owner of the transaction has not been selected correctly. Based on the filing status of the return (single), the owner must be T for taxpayer.