New to the TaxSlayer program this year is the ability to import your Schedule B into your account if you purchase the TaxSlayer Classic, Premium, or Self-Employed package! You will need to download our CSV file and make some adjustments to upload your transactions. This feature is not available in the Free Edition.
Let's get started!
Step One: Access the Capital Gains and Loss menu
- Federal Section
- Select My Forms
- Capital Gains and Losses
- Capital Gains and Loss Items.
Step Two: Download the template
- Click on the link (Click here to upload your stock transactions from a .csv file) at the top of the screen.
- Click Download CSV Template. A file will be downloaded to the computer.
- Open the file and remove the columns you do not need. For example: If you are filing single, delete the rows for Spouse (S) and Joint (J) transactions.
Don't see the link?
If you already have transactions uploaded or manually entered, click on +Add a Capital Gains Transaction.
Step Three: Input your information
- Copy the information needed for your transactions from your spreadsheet. Only the information in the downloaded file can be uploaded. Remove any other information before uploading the document.
Our .csv file will allow you to upload:
- No special characters.
- Must be between 3 and 30 characters.
- Date Acquired
- Date Sold
- Sales Price
Step Four: Upload the .csv file
- Once you are finished importing your data into the .csv file, you can drag it onto the screen in the program to upload it or click the link to upload the saved file.
- You will see a message at the bottom of the screen indicating if there are any errors in the import.
- You may upload more than one file. If you upload the same file twice, the information will be duplicated- it will not overwrite the last upload.
- Any transactions that require information other than what is in the template will need to be entered manually.
- The Delete All button will delete all the transaction entered to allow you to begin again.
- You can only import 500 transactions with each upload