We now offer the ability to import your capital transactions into your account if you purchase the Classic, Premium, or Self-Employed package! You will need to download our .CSV file and make some adjustments to upload your transactions.
Our .csv file will allow you to upload:
- No special characters.
- Must be between 3 and 30 characters.
- Date Acquired
- Date Sold
- Sales Price
How do I upload my stocks?
Step One: Access the Capital Gains and Loss menu
- Federal Section
- Capital Gains and Losses
- Capital Gains and Loss Items.
Step Two: Download the template
- Click on the link (Click here to upload your stock transactions from a .csv file) at the top of the page.
- Click Download CSV Template. A file will be downloaded to the computer.
- Open the file
Step Three: Input your information
- Follow the examples provided rows 2-4 to format your entries correctly. If your entries are not formatted correctly, you will receive an error when uploading the file. Once you have entered all your information on the file, make sure to delete the examples provided.
Step Four: Upload the .csv file
- Once you are finished entering your data into the .csv file we provided, save the file to your device.
- Once the file is saved, you can either drag and drop or click on the upload box to upload your capital transactions.
- When the upload is complete you will see a message at the bottom of the screen indicating if there are any errors with your file.
What if I don't see the link?
If you cannot find the link within the program to download our .csv file, you may not be using a version of the program that supports the csv import feature. Check the top of your screen to ensure you are not using the Free product which does not support this feature.
- You may upload more than one file. If you upload the same file twice, the information will be duplicated- it will not overwrite the last upload.
- Any transactions that require information other than what is in the template will need to be entered manually.
- The Delete All button will delete all the capital transactions saved to your return and allow you to restart.
- You can only import 500 transactions with each upload
- You can enter a total of 4,994 capital transactions