These credits expired during 2021 and will not be available for 2022 returns.
For Tax Year 2021 ONLY, the credit:
- For Self-employed taxpayers will be able to use 2020 earnings if greater than 2021
- Had two separate benefit periods in 2021
What are the two benefit periods?
- January 1, 2021 through March 31, 2021
- This is the carryover period.
- The benefit is the same as 2020, but the days taken on the 2020 tax return will be subtracted from the maximum days the credit is available during the carryover period.
- 10 days for Sick Leave (less any days claimed in 2020)
- 50 days for Family Leave (less any days claimed in 2020
- April 1, 2021 through September 30, 2021
- This second benefit period re-starts the days that can be claimed.
- The benefit amounts are the same as 2020, but the days that the credit is available for start over.
- 10 days for Sick Leave
- 60 days for Family Leave.