If you had qualified expenses for 2020 that you did not pay until 2021, you may be able to increase the amount of the Child Care Credit you can take in 2021. To figure the credit, follow the instructions listed below and complete Worksheet A. After you complete Worksheet A, the program will include your delayed payments in the Child Care Credit calculations.
Where do I report delayed child care payments?
To enter this information in the program, please follow the steps listed below:
- Select Federal from the navigation bar on the left-hand side of the page
- Select Deductions from the same navigation bar
- Choose to select your forms, then press continue
- Select Credits from the deductions menu
- Select Child Care Credit Form 2441
- Answer yes, to the question of "Did you pay any care expenses for 2020 in 2021?"
For more information regarding delayed child care payments, please see the instructions for Form 2441.