What does this rejection code mean?
The IRS is stating that your return was submitted without any "earned" income. This is common when the only income being reported is from Social Security Benefits.
How do I fix my return?
To successfully e-file your return, you have two choices:
- Enter $1 in Interest Income. This $1 entry will not affect the outcome of your return but will allow the IRS to read your electronic return as having "earned" income
- Federal Section
- Interest and Dividend Income
- Interest or Dividend Income
- Interest Income, Form 1099-INT
- List your own name as the Payer and enter $1 for Box 1
- Select Continue to save the update
- Resubmit your return through the e-file process.
- If you do not wish to add the $1 to the return, you must print, sign and mail the return to the IRS. The mailing address can be found on the IRS website..