When you receive rejection code F1040-065, the IRS is stating that your return was submitted without any "earned" income. This is common when the only income being reported is from Social Security Benefits.
How do I fix my return?
To successfully e-file your return, you have two choices:
- Enter $1 in Interest Income. This $1 entry will not affect the outcome of your return but will allow the IRS to read your electronic return as having "earned" income
- Federal Section
- Interest and Dividend Income
- Interest or Dividend Income
- Interest Income, Form 1099-INT
- List your own name as the Payer and enter $1 for Box 1
- Select Continue to save the update
- Resubmit your return through the e-file process.
- If you do not wish to add the $1 to the return, you must print, sign and mail the return to the IRS. The mailing address can be found on the IRS website.