The State of Kansas has issued the following guidance regarding income tax filing deadlines for individuals:
- The filing deadline has been extended until May 17th
- Kansas will waive late payment penalties for payments remitted by May 17th. A waiver request is not required. Payments received after the My 17th deadline are subject to interest and penalties.
- First quarter estimated tax payments are still due on April 15th
- Kansas allows for an automatic 6 month extension to file an Alabama return when the IRS extends the federal filing date. Alabama filers do not need to request an extension to file the state return without incurring a late filing penalty if filed by the federal deadline of May 17th.
- The deadline for filing 2020 homestead or property tax relief claims has been extended to May 17, 2021