The State of Colorado has issued the following guidance regarding income tax filing deadlines for individuals:
- The state filing deadline is April 15th, 2024.
- Returns that are mailed must be postmarked by April 15th.
- An automatic extension is granted until October 15th, 2024, but there is no extended time to pay any income taxes owed.
- No application is required for an extension to file.
- If you owe state income tax, 90% of the tax liability must be paid on or before April 18th to avoid penalties. Any remaining balance due would be subject to interest only. If you owe tax, you must either pay through Revenue Online or submit your payment with the Extension Payment Form (DR 0158-I).