The State of Hawaii has issued the following guidance regarding income tax filing deadlines for individuals:
- Hawaii will not be extending the filing deadline. The due date for Hawaii return is April 20th.
- If you do not pay your properly estimated tax liability, which is at least 90% of your final tax liability as reported on your return by April 20th, there is no extension. You will be assessed penalties and interest on the amount unpaid.
- First quarter estimated tax payments are due April 20th
- Taxpayers are granted an automatic 6-month extension to file the return through Oct. 20 if any of these conditions are met:
- The taxpayer is due a refund
- The taxpayer pays the properly estimated tax amount owed by April 20.