The State of California issued guidance regarding income tax filing deadlines for individuals:
- California requires that a 2022 return must be filed and paid by April 18, 2023.
- There is an automatic extension, to file electronically, through October 16, 2023. No form or application is needed for this extension. However if there is an amount owed, penalties and interest can be applied to that amount owed after April 18, 2022.
Estimated Payments must be paid:
- 1st quarter payment deadline: April 18, 2023
- 2nd quarter payment deadline: June 15, 2023
- 3rd quarter payment deadline: September 15, 2023
- 4th quarter payment deadline: January 16, 2024