The State of Kentucky issued guidance on March 18th regarding income tax filing deadlines for individual taxpayers:
- Kentucky will extend the filing deadline to May 17th.
- Kentucky will waive late payment penalties for payments remitted by May 17th.
- No interest will be applied to payment made by may 17th, regardless of the amount owed.
- Estimated tax payments remain due on April 15th.
- If the taxpayer needs an extension of time to file, please complete form 740EXT. The 740EXT will extend the time to file until October 15th. This form allows an extension of time to file- not an extension of time to pay taxes due. If you file a federal tax extension, you do not have to file a separate state extension form.