If you did not receive the correct amount of stimulus payment, received only one stimulus payment or had a child born in 2021 and did not receive any stimulus for that child, you will need to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on your tax return to receive the correct stimulus payment.
When you are ready to file the tax return for the year, you will complete the Recovery Rebate Credit by following these steps:
- Go to the Federal Section (on left side navigation panel)
- Select COVID-19 Relief (on left side navigation panel)
- Select Recovery Rebate Credit
You will be given two choices. Select the choice applicable to you.
- Choice One - I received stimulus payment(s) during the third round of payments. Select this if you received ANY third round stimulus payment even if the amount was incorrect. You will be asked to enter the amount of the payment.
- Choice Two - I have not received any stimulus payments. You are indicating you have not received the third round of stimulus payment. You will not be able to enter any amounts if you select this choice.
Based on your answers and your 2021 tax information within your account, the program will automatically calculate the credit on line 30 of the 1040 form.