The state of Rhode Island has made the following tax law changes for tax year 2022:
The new standard deduction amounts for 2022 are as follows:
- Single- $9,300
- Married Filing Joint: $18,600
- Surviving Spouse: $18,600
- Married Filing Separate: $9,300
- Head of Household: $13,950
The Rhode Island personal exemption increased to $4,350 for the 2022 tax season.
What changes were made to the retirement income subtraction?
New Federal AGI amounts for Retirement subtraction (up to $15,000), based on filing status
- Single or Head of Household: $95,800
- Married Filing Separate: $95,800
- Married Filing Joint or Surviving Spouse: $119,750