To claim your Vermont Property Tax Credit within the program, please go to:
- State Section
- Vermont Return
- Homestead Declaration AND Property Tax Adjustment Claim (HS-122) And Renter Rebate Claim (RCC-146)
- Homestead Declaration AND Property Tax Adjustment Claim (HS-122)
What is the Vermont Property Tax Credit?
The Vermont Property Tax Credit is a tax credit that is intended to assist Vermont homeowners with paying their property taxes. You may be eligible to claim this credit if your property qualifies as a homestead. To determine if you are eligible for this credit, you must meet the following requirements:
Your property qualifies as a homestead, and you have filed a Homestead Declaration for the current year's grand list
- You were domiciled within Vermont for the full prior calendar year
- You were not claimed as a dependent on another person's tax return
- You meet the household income requirements
You can find additional information regarding the Property Tax Credit on the Vermont Department of Taxes official website.