You may be able to claim the Montana Elderly Homeowner/Renter credit if all of the following apply:
- Are age 62 or older on the last day of the year
- Lived in Montana for a minimum of 9 months
- Rented, owned or leased a home in Montana for 6 months
- Household income is below $45,000
Where do I enter it?
If you are required to file a MT state return:
- State Section
- Homeowner/Renter Credit
If you are not required to file a MT state return:
- Access TAP
- Quick Links
- Click on File a Return
- Select File Elderly Homeowner/Renter Credit
- Follow on screen instructions
What else do I need to know?
- The credit is refundable up to $1,150.
- Amount of credit is based on household income, rent and property tax