The Small Business Health Care Tax Credit can help you provide health insurance coverage to your employees. The credit can be up to 50% of the premiums you paid for health insurance coverage under a qualifying arrangement, or, if you’re an eligible tax-exempt employer, up to 35% of premiums you paid.
In order to claim this credit, your business must have:
- Paid premiums for employee health insurance coverage under a qualifying arrangement.
- You had fewer than 25 full-time employees for the tax year.
- You paid average annual wages for the tax year of less than $56,000 per full-time employee.
- You pay at least 50% of your full-time employees' premium costs.
To report this within the program, please go to:
- Federal Section
- Deductions - Select My Forms
- Credits Menu
- Small Employer Health Insurance Premiums Form 8941