The state of Kansas has made the following tax law changes for tax year 2020:
- The Kansas Child and Dependent Care Credit has been restored. You may now claim the child and dependent care expenses you claim on your federal return on your state return. Your dependent must have a valid social security number to qualify for this credit. The credit allowed is 25%.
- Itemized Deductions are calculated using the following as claimed on your federal return:
- 100% charitable contributions
- 100% qualified medical expenses
- 100% qualified residential interest, and
- 100% real and personal property taxes
You can read more about the changes to Kansas Tax Law here.