The Property Tax/Rent/Heat Credit rebate, also known as the "PTC Rebate", is available every year.
What are the requirements?
- Resided in Colorado the entire year.
- Are lawfully present in the United States. Persons who are 18 years of age or older and are applying for a public benefit such as PTC must prove lawful presence in the United States.
- Income levels for single and married persons change each year. See the PTC rebate application booklet. You have two years after the end of a calendar year to apply for the rebate. Make sure you submit all 3 pages, plus affidavit or your rebate will be delayed or denied.
- You (or your spouse, if filing jointly) are 65 or older by Dec. 31, or are a surviving spouse at least 58 years old by Dec. 31.
- You were disabled for the entire year, regardless of age.
- You are not claimed as a dependent on any other person's federal income tax return.
How much is the rebate?
The actual rebate amount is based on the taxpayer's income and expenses.
How do I apply?
If you have received rebates for the last two years, you can file the form electronically for free on the Colorado website. If you need to file by paper, you can complete the form in your account and print and mail the application to the state.
When will I receive my rebate?
The rebate is paid based on when your application is processed.
Hw can I check my rebate status?
- Go to Revenue Online.
- In the "Where's My Refund?" box, click on "Colorado Property Tax, Rent and Heat Rebate (PTC)" .
- On the next screen, enter your Social Security number.
- On the same page, also enter your PTC Rebate amount or your Letter ID number.
- The rebate amount you enter should be the amount of the current installment that you are expecting, not the full rebate amount for the year.
- Your Letter ID number can be found on a letter from the Department, if you received one. It begins with the letter L, then has numbers after it. Enter the full number, including the "L."
The system will not show the your full rebate amount. It will only show the status of your most current rebate installment.
Where do I add this to the program?
If you wish to create the form within your Colorado return:
- State Section
- Miscellaneous Forms
- Property Tax/Rent/Heat Rebate
This form will not be e-filed and must be printed and mailed.