Rhode Island allows for a subtraction of up to $15,000 of retirement income on your state return. To qualify for this subtraction, you or your spouse must have been born on or before January 1, 1955 and your federal adjusted gross income must be less than:
- Single or Head of Household $87,200
- Married Filing Joint or Qualified Widow(er) $109,050
- Married Filing Separate $87,225
How do I enter this within the program?
To make this manual entry within the program, go to:
- State Section
- Rhode Island Return
- Subtractions from Income
- Modification for Taxable Retirement income from certain plans or annuities.
- Enter the amount of pension received or $15,000, whichever is less.