Perhaps, you would like to see how your itemized deductions measure up to the itemized deductions of others. The program has a tool with which you may view such a comparison.
If you would like to view how some of your deductions compare with the national averages:
- Enter all of your itemized deductions into the program
- Click "Deductions" on the menu bar on the left side of the screen
- Click the "Guide Me" box on the "Let's see how we can cut your tax bill" page
- Continue to click the black "No" box in the bottom right hand corner of the Deductions guide until you reach the "Congratulations!" page
- Click "Would you like to see how some of your deductions compare with the national averages?" on the "Congratulations!" page.
A table will appear comparing the national average amount of deduction versus the amount you reported on your Federal Tax Return.