The following credits are available on your Colorado return.
- Child Care Expenses Credit: This credit is available for all resident types; full-year; part-year or non-resident. Please click here for more information.
- Early Childhood Educator Income Tax Credit: Eligible educators must hold the following credentials and meet the income requirement of having an adjusted gross income less than $75,000 for single filers and $150,000 for joint filers. The credential must designate them as an Early Childhood Professional I, II, III, IV, V, or VI. They must hold the professional credential for at least part of the income tax year for which the credit is claimed.
- Business Personal Property Credit: Only available if individual Business Owner(s) paid their business personal property tax to a Colorado county during the tax year. This credit is available for all resident types. You will need to print and mail return to attach supporting documents.
- Minimum Tax Credit: This credit is only available on resident returns. Please click here for more information.
- SALT Parity Act Credit: The purpose of the SALT Parity Act is to allow partnerships and S corporations to make an election to pay Colorado income tax at the entity level. For additional information click here.
- Carry forward of prior year Historic Property Preservation Credit - provides an income tax credit for taxpayers who make rehabilitation expenditures on a historic property. The tax credit is worth 20 percent of qualified rehabilitation expenditures, up to a maximum credit amount of $50,000. The
Credit is nonrefundable, but may be carried forward for up to 10 years. Please click here for more information.
- Credit for Conversion Costs to an Employee-Owned Business Model is available to current Colorado-headquartered businesses and their employees to provide an incentive to establish employee stock ownership plans, worker-owned cooperatives, and employee ownership trusts. The credit is allowed only to taxpayers who have received a credit certificate from the Colorado Office of Economic Development. Additional information about credit requirements and certification can be found online Here.
- Child Care Center Investment Credit: A credit for a taxpayer and/or spouse, that operate a child care center and purchases “qualified tangible personal property” for use in the facility. Please click here for more information. Tangible personal property is defined in the publication link. Only available on resident returns. Must attach copy of documents to return.
- Employer Child Care Facility: A credit for employers who provide their employees a child care facility. Please click here for more information. Only available on resident returns. You
must submit a copy of your facility license and a list of tangible personal property with your return.
- Colorado Works Program Credit: Please click here for more information. Provide a copy of the letter from the county Department of Social/Human Services when claiming this credit.
- Child Care Contribution Credit: Please click here for more information. Please provide a copy of each DR 1317 when claiming this credit.
- Aircraft Manufacturers New Employee Credit: Please click here for more information. Only available on resident returns. Please provide a copy of your DR 0085 and DR 0086 when claiming this credit.
- Colorado Job Growth Incentive Tax Credit: An eight-year job creation incentive providing a state income tax credit equal to 50% of the Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA). Please click here for more information.
- Certified Auction Group License Fee Credit: Only available on resident returns.
- Advanced Industry Investment Credit: Please click here for more information.
- Low-Income Housing Credit: Please click here for more information. CHFA certification must be submitted with the return.
- Hunger-Relief Food Contribution: Please click here for form DR 0346 which must be completed and certified before you can claim this credit.
- Preservation of Historic Structures Credit Carried Forward from a Prior Year Click here for more information. Please provide certificate number issued by OEDIT.
- Rural Jump–Start Zone Credit: Please click here for more information. Must submit certificate from Office of Economic Development AND the DR 0113 with the return.
- Rural and Frontier Health Care Preceptor Credit: Please click here for the form needed to claim this credit. The form provides information about the credit.
- Credit for Employer Contributions to Employee 529 Plan - For income tax years 2019- 2021, an employer may claim an income tax credit for any contribution of money the employer makes during the income tax year to a 529 qualified state tuition program account established by College Invest and owned by an employee. Click here for more information.
- Credit for Employer Paid Leave of Absence for Live Organ Donation - The amount of credit allowed is 35% of your expenses, as defined in statute (39-22-540, C.R.S,) incurred during the tax year. Click here for more information.
- Strategic Capital Tax Credit- No separate filing guidelines for the form are provided by the issuing department
- Retrofitting a Residence to Increase a Residence's Visitability Credit - state income tax credit of up to$5,000 to help people with an illness, impairment or disability retrofit their residence for greater accessibility and independence. Click here for more information.
- Plastic Recycling Investment Credit: This credit is available only on resident returns. Please click here for more information.
- Credit for Taxes Paid to Another State: If you earned income in another state and that state and Colorado are both taxing the income, you may be eligible for a credit for taxes paid to the other state. Please click here for more information. Credit is only available for full-year or part-year residents
- School-To-Career Investment Credit: Please click here for more information.
- Long Term Care Insurance Credit: Please click here for more information. Only available on resident returns.
- Contaminated Land Redevelopment Credit: Please click here for more information. Only available on resident returns.
- Historic Property Preservation: This credit is for the rehabilitation and preservation of a qualified historic property and is available for Colorado resident individuals and C corporations. Please click here for more information.
- Innovative Motor Vehicle Credit Colorado allows innovative motor vehicle and innovative truck credits for the purchase, lease, or conversion of motor vehicles, trucks, and trailers that use certain alternative fuels. Click here for more information.
- Earned Income Credit for ITIN Filers - This credit would apply to you if you, your spouse, and/or your child or children have an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) or a Social Security Number (SSN) that is not valid for employment. Click here for more details.
- Enterprise Zone Credit and Carryforward Schedule - The Colorado legislature created the Enterprise Zone (EZ) Program to encourage development in economically distressed areas of the state. Click here for more details.
To enter any of these credits in the program, take this pathway:
- State Section
This form is located in a separate area in the program.
- Property Tax/Rent/Heat Rebate: You must be a full-year Colorado resident, and meet qualifications before you can claim the rebate. Please click here for more information. This form is not reported on the tax return and must be filed separately. *
To complete this credit, take this pathway:
- State Section
- Miscellaneous Forms.
For additional information on Colorado state credits click here.