Schedule 2 Additional Taxes consists of Part I Tax and Part II Other Taxes. Part II of Schedule 2 now makes up what was the old Schedule 4 entries for tax year 2018. This will include the items in Part II of Schedule 2 on lines 4-9. The newly revised Schedule 2 will be attached to the 1040 Form or the new 1040-SR Form if entries are made on Schedule 2.
Schedule 2 Part I Tax.
If entries are made on Schedule 2, the form would accompany Form 1040 or the new 1040-SR Form.
- Alternative minimum tax (Attach Form 6251)
- Excess advance premium tax credit repayment (Attach Form 8962)
Schedule 2 Part II Other Taxes.
If entries are made on Schedule 2, the form would be attached to the Form 1040 or the new 1040-SR Form.
- Self-employment tax (Attach Schedule SE)
- Unreported social security and Medicare tax from Form 4137 or 8919.
- Additional tax on IRAs, other qualified retirement plans, and other tax favored accounts, etc. (Attach Form 5329 if required)
- Household employment taxes (Attach Schedule H)
- Repayment of first-time homebuyer credit from Form 5405, (Attach Form 5405 if required)
- Taxes from: Form 8959, Form 8960
- Section 965 net tax liability installment from Form 965-A