Schedule 3 Additional Credits and Payments is listed into Part I Nonrefundable Credits and Schedule 3 Part II Other Payments and Refundable Credits which make up what was the old Schedule 5 entries for tax year 2018. The newly revised Schedule 3 will be attached to the 1040 Form or the new 1040-SR Form if entries are made on Schedule 3.
Schedule 3 has the following Part I - Nonrefundable Credits. If entries are made on Schedule 3, the form would accompany Form 1040 or Form 1040-SR. Line items 1-6 listed below.
- Foreign tax credit (Attach Form 1116 if required)
- Credit for child and dependent care expenses (Attach Form 2441)
- Education credits from Form 8863, line 19
- Retirement savings contributions credit (Attach Form 8880
- Residential energy credit (Attach Form 5695)
- Other credits from Forms 3800, 8801, other.
Schedule 3 has the additional information added in 2019, Part II - Other Payments and Refundable Credits. If entries are made on Schedule 3 the form would be attached to the Form 1040 or Form 1040-SR. Line items 8-13 listed below.
- Net premium tax credit. Attach Form 8962
- Amount paid with extension of time to file
- Excess social security and tier 1 RRTA tax withheld
- Credit for federal tax on fuels, Attach Form 4136
- Other payment or refundable credits:
- Form 2439
- Qualified sick and family leave credits from Schedule H and Form 7202
- Health Coverage tax credit from Form 8885
- Deferral for certain Schedule H or SE filers