Schedule 3 - The newly revised Schedule 3 will be attached to the 1040 Form or the new 1040-SR Form if entries are made on Schedule 3 which include Nonrefundable Credits, Additional Credits and Payments, and Other Payments/Refundable Credits.
Schedule 3 has the following Part I - Nonrefundable Credits. If entries are made on Schedule 3, the form would accompany Form 1040 or Form 1040-SR.
Line items 1-6 listed below.
- Foreign tax credit (Attach Form 1116 if required)
- Credit for child and dependent care expenses (Attach Form 2441)
- Education credits from Form 8863, line 19
- Retirement savings contributions credit (Attach Form 8880
- Residential clean energy credit (Attach Form 5695)
- Other nonrefundable credits from Forms 3800, 8801, other.
Schedule 3 has the following, Part II - Other Payments and Refundable Credits. If entries are made on Schedule 3, the form would be attached to the Form 1040 or Form 1040-SR.
Line items 9-13 listed below.
- Net premium tax credit. Attach Form 8962
- Amount paid with extension of time to file
- Excess social security and tier 1 RRTA tax withheld
- Credit for federal tax on fuels, Attach Form 4136 (No Longer Supported in the Program)
- Other payments or refundable credits