Schedule 1 has the following Additional Income and Adjustments to Income. If entries are made on Schedule 1, the form would accompany Form 1040 or Form 1040-SR.
What Are Forms of Additional Income?
- Taxable refunds, credits, or offsets of state and local income taxes
- Alimony received (date of divorce or separation agreement)
- Business income or loss (Schedule C or Schedule C-EZ)
- Other gains or losses (Attach Form 4797)
- Rental real estate, royalties, partnerships, S corps, trusts, etc. (Attach Schedule E)
- Farm income or loss (Attach Schedule F)
- Unemployment compensation
- Other Income (list type and amount)
What Are Adjustments to Income?
- Educator expenses
- Certain business expenses of reservists, performing artists, and fee-basis government officials (Attach Form 2106)
- Health savings account deduction (Attach Form 8889)
- Moving expenses for members of the Armed Forces (Attach Form 3903)
- Deductible part of self-employment tax (Attach Schedule SE)
- Self-employed SEP, SIMPLE, and qualified plans
- Self-employed health insurance deduction
- Penalty on early withdrawal of savings
- Alimony paid (Recipient’s SSN and date of original divorce or separation agreement)
- IRA deduction
- Student loan interest deduction
- Medical savings account (contributions you made for the tax year)
- Other adjustments (list type and amount)