To create a tax return, the following information is required for the taxpayer, spouse, and dependents:
- Social Security Number
- Birth Date
Also required for the taxpayer and/or spouse is:
- Mailing Address
- Phone Number
- Text Notifications
- Exemption Status (can someone else claim the taxpayer/spouse on a different return)
- Additional Exemption for Blind
- Indicate if Taxpayer/Spouse is Deceased and date of death
- Contributions to Presidential Election Campaign Fund
- Military Combat Zone information
If you electronically filed your return last year: you will also need your prior year adjusted gross income or IRS PIN from your prior year return.
You can review the articles below to obtain your e-filing information appropriately.