Please review and correct your signature requirements. Your Illinois PIN is a number that is assigned to you by the state for electronic filing of your return. You must have this number in order to e-file with the state of Illinois.
The drivers license information provided as your Illinois Electronic Signature did not match what is on record with the Illinois Department of Motor Vehicles.
Select the State Section from the left menu and take the following steps:
- Select Edit
- Select E-filing Information
- Select I have e-filed less than three years worth of tax returns with Illinois.
- Make the appropriate updates and click Continue until you exit the state return to save the updated information.
- Resubmit your Illinois return through the e-file process.
Make sure your entries match exactly what is printed on your Illinois drivers license.
Please review and correct the Secondary taxpayer's signature requirements. You must have this number in order to e-file with the state of Illinois.
Both taxpayers have the same Illinois filing PIN entered in the account. Each taxpayer needs their own filing PIN. To correct this, log into your account and take the following steps:
- Select State Section
- Select Illinois Return (Edit)
- Select E-filing Information.
- Enter a correct PIN for the taxpayers.
If you do not have the PIN, click the link to obtain one form the state or call the state at 800 732-8866.
Your state return wages do not match the wages reported on your W-2 entry. The most common reason for this is a manual entry within the Illinois return.
To correct this, please log into the account and take the following steps:
- Select State Section
- Select Illinois Return
- Select Credits
- Select Credit for Taxes Paid to Another State.
- Enter the amount of tax paid to the other state, if the other state is not a reciprocal state (Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan or Wisconsin),
- Enter the income type and amount taxed by the other state. This is found on the other state's return and is NOT equal to the withholdings on your W-2.
If you have a resident and nonresident return, the program will complete this automatically. Remove the entry completely and allow the program to calculate the credit for you.
Reciprocal States should refer to our Knowledgebase for more information.
To obtain your Illinois PIN, click here. Married joint filers will each need to obtain a separate Illinois PIN.