According to the IRS, your Federal income tax withheld is greater than the total income. The IRS does not allow this return to be e-filed
How do I fix my return?
There are three possible solutions for the error:
- Log into your account and review your income and withholding as entered on your forms. Correct any errors and e-file the return.
- If your return has only unemployment compensation and is rejected with reject code F1040-071-05, you can either:
- Print and mail the return, or
- Enter $1 in the Federal Section > Income > Additional Capital Gains Distributions. Then go to the Federal Section > Income > Less Common Income > Other Income Not Reported Elsewhere > Enter -$1 income and description as "BR1". E-file the return again.
- Print and mail your return if all entries are correct and your return has income from sources other than unemployment.