Due to tax law changes, beginning Jan. 1, 2019, you'll no longer be required to have minimum essential health coverage.
If a member of your tax household died during the tax year, you can claim a coverage exemption for the months following his or her death.
To claim the coverage exemption for the Affordable Care Act in your account, within the Health Insurance Questionnaire.
- Continue to the Health Care Exemption Certificates screen
- Select Yes that you qualify to claim an exemption
- Select the individual from the drop-down list
- Select No that the exemption is not a marketplace issued certificate
- Select 'Member of tax household born, adopted, or died during the tax year'
- Select months in which the individual was not covered
- Click Continue to save your entry
- Repeat for all individuals that qualify for this exemption.