Manual entries will need to be made regarding your Arizona itemized deductions. Within your account, itemized deductions will be automatically pulled from the entries made in the federal section under "Itemized Deductions". Certain adjustments are required by Arizona law which will SUBTRACT from the amount reported in your federal return such as:
- Additional gambling winnings not reported on W-2G on the federal return (reported on 1099-Misc)
- Adjustments to Charitable Contributions for Arizona Purposes
- Medicare Savings Account (MSA) and Arizona Long-Term Health Care Savings Account (AZLTHSA) distributions used to pay medical and dental expenses
- Adjustments to interest paid on a mortgage if you received a federal credit
- Deductions allowed as federal itemized deductions but not subject to Arizona tax
For assistance with determining if adjustments need to be made to your Arizona Itemized Deductions, please see Itemized Deductions Adjustment.
Where to enter?
- State Section
- Itemized Deductions