Much of the information that gets reported on a state return gets pulled from your federal return. Because of this, you must enter your federal return information as though you are preparing a federal return. When you are done with your federal return, add the appropriate state return(s) that you plan to file within your account.
At this time, we do not offer "state only" filing. If you did file your federal return previously using our program and it has been accepted, you may file your state return at a later time.
If you have already filed a federal return elsewhere, it is recommended that you file your state return(s) with that provider as well. You may also go to the state website for assistance.
If you wish to use our program to create a state only return please click:
- State Section
- Add State Return
- Choose State from the drop-down menu
- Select resident return type
- Continue. Make any necessary adjustments to your state return and click Exit Return to save changes.
To print, please click
- Print Return, you will have the option to print both the federal and state or each individually and to pay the preparation fees for both the federal and state returns,
- Print your Tax Return (s)
A PDF with your federal return followed by your state return(s) will open on the screen for you to view, print, save. The address to mail your state return is usually listed on the state forms. If the address is not listed on the form, please click here, click your state then search your state instructions for the address. Many states also require a copy of the federal return to be mailed with the state return.