To make adjustments to your income and expenses that are attributable to your Virginia period of residency, go to:
- State Section
- Virginia Part Year Return
- Income Subject to Tax
The amount entered for the following entries will be allocated to Virginia (Column A2)
- Wages for Military Spouse- Military spouse income that is NOT subject to tax in Virginia
- Scholarship Income- Scholarship income reported on the federal return that is NOT subject to Virginia tax.
- Interest and Dividend Income
- Pension and Other Income
- Adjustments to Income Subject to State Tax (Other Adjustments)-Includes alimony received, business income, taxable pensions, gains and losses. Income is not limited to these items.
- State Tax Refund- State refund reported on your federal return and received while a resident of Virginia. Deducted on line 6 of the 760PY.
- Moving Expenses- Due to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, you can only claim moving expenses if you are in the military. Any amount entered on the federal return and marked as a military move will be pulled to the Part Year return. If your moving expenses are not allowed on the federal return, no amount will be pulled to the state return.