What does this rejection code mean?
The IRS is saying that the Social Security Number (SSN) and name of a dependent listed on Schedule EIC does not match the IRS records for that dependent.
Which dependent is the rejection for?
To determine which dependent the rejection is referring to, select "Click Here for tax Return Details" on the My Account screen. The last four digits of the social security number will be listed.
How do I fix my return?
- To correct the dependent SSN or name, please take the following steps:
- Basic Information
- Dependents/Qualifying Person
- Select Edit for the appropriate dependent and make corrections
- Click continue to save
- If the information reported is correct, please contact your local Social Security Office to verify and correct the information. The Social Security Administration updates the IRS records every ten days.
- If you are unable to correct the return or contact the Social Security Office, print, sign, and mail your return for processing this tax season through the Summary/Print menu.