What does this rejection code mean?
One of the Dependent Social Security Numbers (SSN) listed does not match the Name as reported to the IRS by the Social Security Administration.
Which person is the rejection for?
To determine which person the rejection is referring to, select "Click Here for tax Return Details" on the My Account screen. The last four digits of the social security number will be listed
How do I fix my return?
To correct the SSN or Name entered on your return, go to:
- Verify the Social Security Number has been entered correctly
- Basic Information
- Dependents/Qualifying Person
- Review your entries into the system.
- Make changes as needed
- Resubmit your return through E-file on the navigation bar.
- If the information reported is correct, please contact your local Social Security Office to verify and correct the information. The Social Security Administration updates the IRS records every ten days.
- If you are unable to correct the return or contact the Social Security Office, print, sign, and mail your return for processing this tax season through the Summary/Print menu.