What does this rejection code mean?
The primary taxpayer on this return has been claimed as a dependent on another return.
How do I fix my return?
- If the taxpayer is a If dependent on another return:
- Basic Information
- Personal Information
- Additional Personal Information
- Check the box directly stating “Check here if the Taxpayer can be claimed as a dependent on someone else’s return.”
- Resubmit the return
- If the taxpayer can not be claimed as a dependent on another person's return:
- Print and mail the return
- Include a note indicating that you cannot be claimed on another person's tax return.