Due to tax law changes, beginning Jan. 1, 2019, you'll no longer be required to have minimum essential health coverage.
If you had a child born during the tax year, you can claim a coverage exemption for that child for the months before the child was born or adopted.
If you had adopted a child during the tax year, you can claim a coverage exemption for that child for the months before the child was born or adopted.
To claim the coverage exemption for the Affordable Care Act in your account, within the Health Insurance Questionnaire
- Continue to the Health Care Exemption Certificates screen
- Select Yes that you qualify to claim an exemption
- Select the individual from the drop-down list
- Select No that the exemption is not a marketplace issued certificate
- Select 'Member of tax household born, adopted, or died'
- Select months in which the individual was not covered
- Click Continue to save your entry
- Repeat for all individuals that qualify for this exemption.