Below is a list of refundable credits that are available on your Louisiana return:
Louisiana allows a credit for 72% of the amount paid by an active or reserve military servicemember, or the spouse of an active or reserve military servicemember, or the dependent of such servicemember for obtaining a Louisiana noncommercial hunting or fishing license. A copy of the noncommercial fishing hunting and/or fishing license must be submitted to LDR in order to claim the credit. Complete all information requested. The credit for the license is valid only during the time the servicemember is on active duty and does not apply to purchases of lifetime licenses.
Musical and Theatrical Productions
Louisiana allows a refundable credit for eligible costs and expenses for the production, transportation, employment of college and vocational students, employment of residents and for the construction, repair or renovation to live performance facilities. Taxpayers must apply to the Louisiana Department of Economic Development to receive certification. This certificate must be attached to the return.
Other Refundable credits:
- Ad Valorem Offshore Vessels (100% of ad valorem taxes paid)
- Telephone company Property (up to 40%)
- Prison Industry Enhancement (up to 72%)
- Milk Producers
- Technology Commercialization
- Historic Residential (for amount of costs and expenses)
- School Readiness Child Care Provider
- School Readiness Child Care Directors and Staff
- School Readiness Business Supported Child Care
- School Readiness Fees and Grants to Resource (cannot exceed $5,000 per tax year)
- Retention and Modernization
- Digital Interactive Media and Software
- Stillborn Child
- Funeral and Burial Expense for a Pregnancy-related Death
- State Section
- Refundable Credits
For additional information on refundable credits, please click here.