You may enter the amounts you received from Louisiana State Teachers’ and Employees’ Retirement Benefits received from Louisiana State Teachers and Employees Retirement System.
You may enter any amount of retirement income received from a Federal Retirement System and any other retirement benefits received that are specifically exempt by law from Louisiana Income Tax.
Annual Retirement Income Exemption for Taxpayers 65 Years of Age or Older
You may subtract up to $6,000 of your annual retirement income if your filing status is Single, Head of Household, Married Filing Separately, or Qualifying Widow(er) and you are age 65 or older. If you are filing as Married Filing Jointly, you and your spouse may exclude up to $6,000 of annual retirement income each.
Louisiana School Expense Deduction
Louisiana offers education expense deductions for Elementary and Secondary School Tuition, Home-schooled children, and Quality Public Education. You may enter amounts paid for Tuition and fees, school uniforms, textbooks and other supplies required by the school.
Taxable Social Security
The amount of social security benefits that is taxed on your federal return, is exempt from Louisiana tax.
- Native American Income
- Start Savings Program Contributions – Up to $2,400 (Single MFS, HOH, QW) and $4,800 (MFJ)
- Military Pay Exclusion – Up to $30,000
- Road Home
- Recreation Volunteer – Up to $500
- Volunteer Firefighter – Up to $500
- Voluntary Retrofit Residential Structure
- Capital Gain from Sale of Louisiana Business
- Employment of Certain Qualified Disabled Individuals
- Up to $6,000 of taxable disability Income
Where to enter?
- State Section
- Subtractions from Income
For more information on these subtractions, please click here.