Below is a list of nonrefundable credits that are available on your Louisiana return:
Dependent Disability Credit
A credit for $100 against the tax liability is permitted for the spouse, taxpayer, or dependent whom is either deaf, loss a limb or mentally incapacitated. Only one credit is allowed per person.
Credit for Contributions to Educational Institutions (Computer Equipment)
Taxpayers who donate a computer or other technological equipment to education institutions are allowed a credit of 40% of the property donated.
Child Care Credit Carryforward from 2013-2016
You can carry forward this credit to be used as a nonrefundable credit. A nonrefundable credit can be carried forward for 5 years if you cannot claim it in the current tax year.
Credit For Taxes Paid To Another State
If you were a resident of Louisiana for the entire year, you are allowed a credit for the net income taxes properly paid to another state of the United States. No credit may be claimed for taxes paid to cities, the District of Columbia, or foreign countries. The credit allowed on your Louisiana return must be for the same taxable year for which the tax was paid to another state or in the succeeding taxable year.
Other Nonrefundable Credits:
- Premium Tax
- Commercial Fishing (72%)
- Family Responsibility
- Small Town Doctor/Dentist (limited to $3,600)
- Bone Marrow
- Law Enforcement ED (72%)
- First Time Drug Offenders (equal to $144 per eligible employee)
- Bulletproof Vest (cannot exceed $72)
- Nonviolent Offenders
- Owner of Newly Constructed Home (lesser of $720 or 72%)
- Qualified Playground (lesser of $720 or 36% of value)
- Debt Issuance (72%)
- Donations of Materials, Equip (36%)
- Education Credit Act 125 Recovery
- Conversion of Vehicle to Alternative Fuel (must have purchased and installed before July 1, 2021)
Where to enter?
- State Section
- Nonrefundable Credits
For more information on these credits and a list of Nonrefundable Priority Credits and Transferable nonrefundable priority credits, please click here.