Kansas offers the below Credits should you qualify. Enter the total of all other tax credits for which you are eligible. For additional information pertaining to each credit, please click on each corresponding blue link.
These credits are supported within the program:
Adoption Credit: K-47
The basic credit for residents adopting a child is 25% of the adoption credit allowed against the federal income tax liability on the federal return. An additional 25% is available to Kansas residents if the adopted child was a Kansas resident prior to adoption. An additional 25% is also available to Kansas residents if the adopted child was a child with special needs.
Community Service Contribution Credit: K-60
The credit is either 50% of the total amounts contributed during the tax year or 70% of the total amount contributed during the tax year if the approved community service organization is located within a rural community.
Low Income Students Scholarship Credit: K-70
The credit is equal to 70% of the contribution made to a scholarship granting organization during the taxable year. The credit will be claimed and deducted from the taxpayer’s tax liability during the tax year in which the contribution was made.
Contributions will be made to a scholarship granting organization who will in turn disburse not less than 90% of the contributions received to eligible students in the form of educational scholarships within 36 months of receipt.
How do I enter this within my account?
To enter in Kansas Credit information, follow these steps:
- State Section
- Kansas State Return
Are there unsupported credits?
These credits are not supported within the program. However, you can click on the link for each individual credit and manually attach the form to your printout state return and mail the return to the state.
- Angel Investor Credit: K-30
- Business and Job Development Credit: K-34 (for carry forward use only)
- Child Day Care Assistance Credit(employers only): K-56
- Declared Disaster Capital Investment Credit: K-87 (for carry forward use only)
- Disabled Access Credit: K-37 (for carry forward use only)
- Electric Cogeneration Facility Credit: K-83 (for carry forward use only)
- High Performance Incentive Program Credit: K-59
- Historic Preservation Credit: K-35
- Individual Development Account: K-68
- Kansas Center for Entrepreneurship Credit: K-31
- Low Income Student Scholarship K-70
- Plugging an Abandoned Gas or Oil Well Credit: K-39 (for carry forward use only)
- Purchases from Qualified Vendor K-44
- Research & Development Credit: K-53
- Storage and Blending Equipment Credit: K-82
- Venture and Local Seed Capital Credit: K-55 (for carry forward use only)
See instructions for additional credits.