Below is a list of income that should be manually added to your Kansas return:
State and Municipal Interest Income not Taxable on Your Federal Return
Add any interest received, credited, or earned during the year from any municipal or state obligations that were not included in your federal taxable income.
Contributions to Kansas Public Employee Retirement System (KPERS)
For current employees, you must list the amount of contributions made from your salary to KPERS as shown on your W-2, box 14.
Kansas Expensing Recapture - Not Supported
Low Income Student Scholarship Contribution
Add any amount of charitable contribution claimed on your federal return that was used to compute Low Income Student Scholarship credit.
- Federal Income Tax Refund
- Partnership, S Corporation or Fiduciary Adjustment
- Community Service Contributions Credit
- Learning Quest Education Savings Program (unqualified withdrawal)
- Amortization – Energy Credits
- Ad Valorem or Property Taxes
- Abortion Expenses
How do I enter this within my account?
To enter these additions to income on your return, follow the steps below:
- State Section
- Kansas State Return
- Additions to Income
For more information on these additions, please click here.