You may be eligible to claim a Lake County (Indiana) residential income tax credit if you meet ALL THREE of the following requirements:
- You paid property tax to Lake County (Indiana) on your residence.
- Your Modified Indiana Adjusted Gross Income is less than $18,600.
- You are not claiming the Homeowner’s Residential Property Tax Deduction on Indiana Schedule 2, line 2
IMPORTANT: Remember, you can claim either the Lake County (Indian) Residential credit OR the homeowner's residential property tax deduction but not both.
To enter this credit within your account, follow the steps below:
- Edit (three dots) Indiana state return
- Enter the Property Tax Paid for your Lake County residence
For more information on this credit, please click here.