Listed below are additions to income that should be entered on your Connecticut return:
Interest on State and Local Government Obligations Other Than Connecticut
Add the total amount of interest income obtained from the state and municipal government obligations that are NOT from Connecticut which is not taxed for federal income tax purposes.
Exempt-Interest Dividends from a Mutual Fund Derived from State or Municipal Government Obligations Other Than Connecticut
Add the total amount of exempt interest received from other state or municipal obligations other than from the state of Connecticut.
Lump Sum Distributions not Included in Federal AGI
Add the computed tax on any part of a distribution from a qualified plan that was not entered as a distribution on your federal form 1040.
Beneficiary Share of Connecticut Fiduciary Adjustment
Add the amount from your CT-1040 K-1 if your share amount from this estate or trust is greater than zero.
Loss on Sale of Connecticut Bonds
Add the total amount of losses from the sale or exchange of notes, bonds, or other obligations of Connecticut used to figure gain or loss from federal income tax purposes whether the whole amount was used in figuring federal AGI.
Section 168(k) Federal Bonus Depreciation
Deduction Enter 100% of the amount of § 168(k) bonus depreciation reported for federal income tax purposes for this taxable year, provided such amount is deducted in determining the federal AGI for the taxable year.
Section 179 Federal Deduction
Enter 80% of the § 179 amount deducted in determining the federal AGI for the taxable year.
- Treaty Income
- Loss or deduction of an Enrolled tribe member of the Mashantucket Pequot Tribe or Mohegan Tribe
- Connecticut Income Tax deducted from federal return.
- Expenses paid or incurred from the production or collection of income exempt from CT which were deducted on the federal return.
- Amortizable bond premium on bonds producing interest income exempt from Connecticut that were deducted from federal AGI.
- Interest or dividend income on obligations or securities of any authority, commission, or instrumentality of the United States which federal law exempts from federal income tax but does not exempt from state income taxes.
- Interest expenses on indebtedness incurred or continued to purchase or carry obligations or securities.
- Distributions from an MRA established pursuant to Conn. Gen. Stat. §32-9zz:
- 100% of any distribution from such MRA not used to purchase machinery or equipment.
- 100% of any return of money remaining in the MRA at the end of the five-year period after such account’s creation or organization, including any interest earned.
- Any compensation required to be recognized under 26 U.S.C. §457A that is attributable to services performed within Connecticut.
- Any additions to federal adjusted gross income required for Connecticut income tax purposes.
Where to enter?
- State Section
- Additions to Income
To view the Instructions for Form CT-1040, click here.