You can complete the CA tax computation Form 3800 by following the steps below:
- State Return
- Edit (Three Dots)
- Additional Tax
- Tax Computation for Certain Children with Investment Income (CA Form 3800)
Complete form FTB 3800 if all of the following apply:
- The child is under 18 or a full time student under the age of 24 at the end of 2021.
- The child had unearned income taxable by California of more than $2,200.
- At least one of the child's parents was alive at the end of 2021.
- The child was age 18 at the end of 2021 and did not have earned income that was more than half of the child's support.
For certain children, unearned income over $2,200 is taxed at the parent's rate if the parent's rate is higher. Use form FTB 3800, Tax Computation for Certain Children with Investment Income, to figure the child's tax.
For additional information, click here.