You can complete the CA tax computation Form 3800 by following the steps below:
- State Return
- Edit (Three Dots)
- Additional Tax
- Tax Computation for Certain Children with Investment Income (CA Form 3800)
Complete form FTB 3800 if all of the following apply:
- The child is under 19 or a full time student under the age of 24 at the end of 2022.
- The child had investment income taxable by California of more than $2,300.
- At least one of the child's parents was alive at the end of 2022.
- The child was age 18 at the end of 2022 and did not have earned income that was more than half of the child's support.
For additional information, click here.